Common Workspace is an easy and elevated coworking community conveniently located in downtown Tucson. Our mission is to provide a modern and evolved infrastructure to make work more productive, fun, connected, and healthy for entrepreneurs, freelancers, small teams, and remote workers.
Common contributes a vital ingredient to the Tucson economy. We provide a shared workspace for customers and cultivate a community of do-ers that bring ideas to execution.
We are hiring a Community Manager (CM) to lead the day to day operations of our space and our community.
The CM position combines administrative management, community development, and facilities management all in one. In the role of CM, you will report directly to the Founder while overseeing our small team, consisting of community coordinator(s) and interns. As a part of Common Workspace leadership, everything you do will be in the interest of creating and sustaining an authentic community presence and a thriving business.
You’re our new CM if
- You’re a details ninja and prioritization guru who is highly organized with excellent time management skills.
- You enjoy meeting project deadlines, and do so with excellence and ease.
- You’re a humble, hard worker with strong communication skills, verbally and in writing.
- You’re efficient, adaptable, innovative, punctual, professional, and embody the entrepreneurial spirit.
- You’re a quick-learning, self-starting, go-getter who thrives in a fast-paced start-up environment and finds solutions through research.
- You love identifying ways to enhance a process and seek ways to improve efficiency.
- You take great pleasure in supporting a busy office.
- You’re discreet and conscientious in keeping member information confidential.
- You’re at home when buried in a spreadsheet.
- Your middle name is customer service.
- You take pride in managing operational details, both big and small, and are at home when buried in a spreadsheet.
- You have at least two years of back-office administrative management experience under your belt.
- You’re tech-savvy, social media inclined, and an event planning maestro.
- You’re naturally the host with the most and delight in anticipating member needs and exceeding their expectations.
- You’re a leader—you can work collaboratively or independently but enjoy sharing in triumphs as a team.
- You. Love. People. You have a high emotional IQ, and possess a superhuman ability to judge character.
- You relish the idea of recruiting community-minded members and will do so with tact and diplomacy.
- You’re the connector of your social groups and people come to you for guidance.
- You believe in taking pride in your work. You don’t just show up to the office, you own the office.
Your days will be filled with
- Putting on your superhero cape, diving into each day with a smile on your face, switching gears on a moment’s notice, and making each member feel like a rock-star.
- Working in concert with the team to sustain a vibrant and thriving community of entrepreneurs, freelancers, startups, and generally amazing people.
- Maintaining a consistently high hospitality experience for all members and guests of Common Workspace.
- Maintaining the facilities to the highest standards, allowing our members to feel pride in bringing their clients and investors into their office.
- Developing member programming that enhances our members’ businesses, lifestyles, and our membership offering.
- Managing the relationships and interfacing with our various vendors and partners with a professional and friendly, yet firm manner.
- Creating relationships with external partners in the business community and connect our members when appropriate. Developing public events that raise awareness of our space to elevate the Common Workspace brand.
- Managing the little details that go into running a membership-based office.
- Data entry and data management, including managing duplicate data across multiple platforms.
- Technical problem solving when needed, including the ability to troubleshoot minor issues with the printer, appliances, and wireless networks.
Qualifications / Requirements
- 2+ years of back-office management experience
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Fierce passion for customer service
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills
- Ability to self manage and motivate around our strong sense of mission and purpose
- Proficiency in tools like: G Suite, Microsoft Office, Slack, and Asana
- Experience with real estate or hospitality
- Sales experience
- Experience with Optix or other coworking software
- Quickbooks experience
Compensation & Benefits
- Full-time position
- $42,000 – $50,000 per year
- Some flexibility on nights and weekends is required
- Benefits include paid time off, paid holidays
To apply, send your resume with a cover letter giving us insight into why you would make an excellent candidate to email@example.com.
Common Workspace is an equal opportunity employer.